Object name change and associated custom create method
In the Audience_oM I want to change the object name for
TierProfileParameters. There are two
Create methods that will also need to be upgraded. This page describes the steps to achieve that.
First I am going to set up some files and data to help with the process
- Capture the JSON string of the object to change as described here.
Set up a simple file with the auto generated object create method component and related methods that the changes will impact:
1. Use the
VersioningKeycomponent to get the string that will later be used for the the
PreviousVersionAttribute that I will add to the affected methods.
1. Copy the output of
VersioningKeyand paste into a text editor.
Change the code to change the object name
- Change the object name and the file name for this object.
- In the Engine and oM projects replace all instances of the old name with the new name.
I'm using find and replace for the renaming - care should be taken here.
Check the solution builds.
- Create and add the versioning JSON file to the project. See here for the content of an empty
Add the key value pairs to describe the
ToOldupgrade / downgrade.
. 1. At this we can rebuild the solution and rebuild the
Versioning_Toolkit. 1. First I'll check the upgrade using the json string and
1. If this fails double check all the steps above. 1. Open Rhino and the simple test file. 1. We'll see the auto generated create method has correctly upgraded, but the others show errors:
Change the code to change the methods
- I need to add the
PreviousVersionattribute to ensure the methods are upgraded.
- The text we saved earlier looks like:
I'll use the first of those two as arguments to the
PreviousVersionattribute which will be added to the first method like this:
1. And adding the
PreviousVersionattribute to the second method with more arguments will look like this:
For compliance I will also change the name of the file containing those methods to match the renamed object type they return
We can now rebuild the solution and the
Versioning_Toolkitand check again if this has worked.